Monday 24 October 2016

Wear what you like

Early this morning I read this article about a man in Blenheim, New Zealand getting beaten up because he was wearing pink shirt. I'll write that again, he was punched repeatedly because he was wearing a pink shirt.

Isn't that ridiculous? What century do we live in that we still have idiots walking around with thoughts in their head like that?

Alcohol or drugs was bound to be involved, no doubt about that. However, that is no excuse. Do people in Blenheim now have to worry about what colour they wear? I know that in gang related activities the wrong colour could get you messed up but this was purely a hate crime.

I feel sorry for the man who got beaten up but I say well done for continuing to wear pink. If you like it go for it and I say to all of the men in Blenheim, why don't you pick a day and all wear a pink shirt to show these idiots and anyone else who have the same thoughts that you are against these schoolyard bullies and you are not going to be pushed around.

Don't worry, wearing pink won't make you any less of a man and anyway you shouldn't really be thinking like that. Not in this day in age.


No comments:

Post a Comment