Friday 8 April 2016

Burning the midnight or morning oil

Are you a morning person or a you a night owl? It's an interesting one. Last night I went to bed at about 12.30 and by the time I went to sleep it would have been closer to 1am. Then because of my schedule today I had to be up at around 5am so I had only about 4 hours sleep. As I write this I feel fine but I know that I will get tired sometime during the day. How can people survive on so little sleep? I have absolutely no idea.

Anyway, this morning having to get up at 5am made me think about mornings and the proper use of them. I have been reading this book recently called The Miracle Morning. It basically tells the story of the author managing to turn his life around by waking up early and getting shit done.

I don't know about you, but especially in the winter, waking up at 5am and when it is pitch black is the last thing I want to do but if it turns my life around, it's worth a crack, right?

So what kind of activities can you do in that time? Well, there is the obvious one, exercise. At Crossfit we do Tabata which is easy to do at home. 20 seconds of work and then a 10 seconds rest for four minutes. I do two lots of that it really gets your blood running.

Another thing is meditation. Or you could do reading. Read for 30 minutes to 60 minutes. I'm sure that could help somehow.

I got this idea from Napoleon Hill, you spend 30 minutes visualising the kind of person you want to become.

Whatever you do, make sure that it is consistent and you keep doing it. It will take time but I'm sure that you will start seeing the results sooner rather than later.

Well, I'm going back to bed. Good night.



This blog was discontinued as of June 19th, 2018.

Please check my two new projects:

http://www.situationalextrovert.com

Also, my new daily blog which will begin from July 1st, 2018:

https://doing-the-opposite.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment