Tuesday 12 April 2016

Excuse me

It's interesting. That last couple of days I have been away from my usual routine. I stayed last night in a hotel and because of the unfamiliar surroundings it has been difficult to do things that I would normally do at home. When I think about that I think that it is a really bad excuse. I could have easily done my Tabata this morning  in the room where there was more room to do it. I could have written this blog post this morning rather than doing it at lunch time as I am doing it now.

I have written before that I am very good at making excuses but for me to continue on this journey, I need to stop making excuses to other people and of course myself.

A few years ago I read an article in the Japan Times. The Japan Times is a daily English language newspaper. It had an article in it about iiwake or in English, excuses. Basically it was a cultural piece talking about the different ways to make an excuse in Japan. At the time I never realised and to a certain degree I don't know now that you can't make excuses about your absence from work like you are going to the beach or something like that, you need to say something that makes you seem as if you are suffering as well as your colleagues.

It was a very interesting article and I still talk about it today even though it was published about 12 years ago.

Anyway, the point of this is to say that excuses don't help anyone, especially yourself and the less you use them the better your life will turn out. Well, that is how I see it anyway.

No more excuses and in the words of Nike, Just do it.



This blog was discontinued as of June 19th, 2018.

Please check my two new projects:

http://www.situationalextrovert.com

Also, my new daily blog which will begin from July 1st, 2018:

https://doing-the-opposite.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment