Friday 29 April 2016

HABITS Part 2

We have looked at the first 7 habits. Lets now look at the remaining 6 habits of successful people from this article.

8. They're positive.

This one is saying that successful people are aware of their thoughts. Most of us walk around in a daze not thinking about anything in particular and if we do it is usually about something negative.  and that filters into a negative outlook and it's all downhill from there. I know that for the last couple of months and probably even longer because I wasn't aware of it, I have been walking around in a very negative mood and believe me, it doesn't help. It doesn't help at all. It's my challenge to notice my negative thoughts and change them as quick as I can into positive thoughts. Turn that frown upside down, so to speak.

9. They don't follow the herd.

This one is especially difficult. We don't want to stand out, well most of us don't. We don't like that attention especially if it is negative attention but if you go with other people then you are just a follower and nothing really special is going to happen. I know that we are conditioned to stay with the herd because 20,000 years ago it meant that you were able to survive. It's actually good advice in the above article in that you create the herd and get other people to join it. I better get a mooooove on.

10. They have good etiquette. 

I'm sure my mother will approve of this. Is it important? I don't know. As far as I am concerned the jury is still out on this. The fact that I know what fork to use, is this going to get me that important deal? Maybe it might. I don't drink wine. Should I start drinking it to prove my sophistication? Actually I don't like wine, so why should I? Any comments on this one would be greatly appreciated.

11. They help others succeed. 

It's interesting reading this one because as I said in yesterday's post, it is scary to go ask for help but if this one is correct then they will be happy to help you as long as you show the right motivation and intelligence I suppose.

12. They dedicate 15 to 30 minutes a day to just thinking.

My friend and I call this TT. I don't really like this name as it reminds me of something else that I would rather forget but it does work. I mean we walk around all day, of course we are always thinking but we are not thinking deliberately, well at least I know that I am not. But to just sit down in a quiet spot and think about things, you may be able to come up with some great ideas and insights that will allow you to move forward and get things done at a great wait. I assure you sitting there for 15 to 30 minutes doing nothing is difficult but it is worth it.

13. They seek feedback.

It's scary going to ask for feedback, right? What if they say something that you don't want to hear? That's not very nice but sometimes it can really help you and you are able to grow from that wisdom. I read an excellent blog post about feedback the other day. I would recommend having a look. The link is here. This article is about giving feedback which I'm sure if you become the man or woman then you will be asked to give feedback.

That's it the 13 habits of successful people. I'm off to do some thinking time I hope you do some thinking time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment