Monday 4 April 2016

"I'll be coming back"

I just listened to an interview with Arnold Schwarzenegger that was conducted by Tim Ferriss. It was very interesting for me and here are a few of the take homes I got from it. By the way, I really like that expression, take homes. To me, a Kiwi, it seems to be a really cool American expression. Actually as I am sitting here I can't think of the New Zealand equivalent. The learnings? No, that doesn't sound right.

Lets get back to the topic. Arnold's interview.

The first thing I got out of it was that you have to have vision. You have got to know where you are going and WHY you want to get there. Arnold also says that it makes it easier to do the stuff you need to do if you have that why. I suppose that is easier said than done but if you really have that goal  or burning desire or something then what you are doing will really be easier and it won't be a drag.

Another thing that Arnold mentioned was the power of meditation. I have tried to start it in the past but have never done it for a lengthy period of time. This may be my chance to see what I can get out of it. I'm sure even less than 10 minutes a day would be beneficial.

Excuse me as I go away and meditate and think about my Y's.

This blog was discontinued as of June 19th, 2018.

Please check my two new projects:

http://www.situationalextrovert.com

Also, my new daily blog which will begin from July 1st, 2018:

https://doing-the-opposite.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment