Friday 22 April 2016

"Just be confident"

There are things we say to each other from time to time which although well meaning mean absolutely nothing and can be a waste of breath.

One of the things that my friend and I laugh about is the classic one, "Just be confident." You have been stamped on, you have felt like someone has kicked you in the guts with a pair of steel toed boots and you get the "just be confident." As I said I know that it is heartfelt but it is going to be  about as useful as a bucket on the Titanic.

Other classic ones are, "Just get over it" or "Keep busy" or "Just move on." Well, what do you think I am trying to do? It's a little bit more difficult than listening to your advice.

So next time someone is having a problem think carefully before offering advice you maybe making the situation worse.



This blog was discontinued as of June 19th, 2018.

Please check my two new projects:

http://www.situationalextrovert.com

Also, my new daily blog which will begin from July 1st, 2018:

https://doing-the-opposite.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment