Sunday 10 April 2016

Urgent versus Important

I read Stephen Covey's book a few years ago. I'm sure some of you have read it before, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. In the book he talks about urgent work and important work. Obviously important work is  important. It is your future, while the urgent work needs to be done now.

This week starting from tomorrow I have the problem of a lot of urgent work and not enough time to do important work. It is important to get money and to be able to pay your bills. Believe me your state of mind is a lot better and you don't have that feeling in your stomach like you are doomed. You can literally function better. However you still need time to do important work.

I must admit that I do make a lot of excuses and the number one on that hit list is that I have been working too much and I haven't had time. Now, I'm sure if you are anything like me if you look back at each an every day you will find times where you literally stuffed around and did things that are not pushing you forward. I joined a private library last year which I use as a work space. I should go there a lot more than I do but I think unless I have four hours spare then it is a waste of my time but if I go there and I do one hour of focused work then that is good isn't it?

So my challenge this week is to try to focus on using my time productively and in a focused manner and to get the stuff done that is important whether I want to do it or not.

Good luck to me.



This blog was discontinued as of June 19th, 2018.

Please check my two new projects:

http://www.situationalextrovert.com

Also, my new daily blog which will begin from July 1st, 2018:

https://doing-the-opposite.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment