Wednesday 8 June 2016

Blogs, visions and giving up

Just over two months ago I made a pledge to myself that I would blog everyday for the next 500 days. I have got up to about day 68 and it is 10.39pm as I write this. I have just over on hour to get this post published. I got home about one hour ago and I have procrastinated about it for that one hour. Partly because I didn't want to write anything and partly because I just wanted to lie down and go to sleep. But I was reminded of the photo on the screen on my phone. I have put a photo of Winston Churchill on it with his immortal words "Never, never, never give up." I thought if I don't write this today I would be in a sense giving up. Sure, if you don't see any point in what you are doing you should give up but in this project I have seen a lot of good come out of it so to go to bed without writing this would have been a complete waste of the last couple of months.

It's interesting, doing this project has been at times a struggle but also at times it has been enjoyable putting thoughts to paper so to speak. Some good things have come from it both directly and indirectly, for example I received some wonderful news about half an hour ago which I think was attributed in a small part to this blog.

I think also through this blog I have created a vision in my mind about how I want to see this blog go and I'm looking forward to making that a reality in the coming months. I know that there will be nights like this in the future when I don't want to write anything and I want to go to bed but I need to fight through that and produce something because it is in those moments that you differentiate yourself from the rest.

If you have a vision, fight for that vision and never, never, never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment