Friday 17 June 2016

Get up and at 'em

I have lived most of my adult life, well the last 10 years at least thinking that my life would be 100 times better if I had a woman beside me. However the best thing is to be happy with yourself. If you are happy being by yourself, if you are happy who you have become and who you are becoming then it shouldn't matter and the more that you feel confident in your own skin then the more good things that should come into your life and then you will attract your perfect partner.

I had a woman tell me this morning by text that she didn't believe that we had much in common so it was a bit of a waste of time us meeting up. I agreed with her in the fact that we don't have much in common but that is what was quite attractive about it for me. You learn a lot and you get to hear opinions that you might not hear in your daily life. She obviously saw it differently and that is her prerogative.

I could have gone into my shell this morning and not done anything and stewed over this for the day and then most of the weekend which wouldn't have got me anywhere. It would have left me in a pile of sweat on my bed. I got up and went about my business and as I write this I feel a lot better than I usually would.

When you get rejected it is very easy to roll up into a ball and run away from life as I have done many, many times. You also have the option of getting out of bed, going into the shower, have a good breakfast and  getting the stuff done that you need to get done for that day. You will feel good about yourself and you will not let it defeat you. Something that I have let happen on many occasions. 

Don't let rejection beat you. It is a part of life. Stand up and and get on with your life. I know all of this advice is easier said than done, I'm just saying that it worked for me this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment