Sunday 12 June 2016

"Think man, think!"

I've been sitting here for about three hours and I still have no idea what I am going to write about today. Have you ever had these kinds of days? In which you wake up thinking that you are going to have a great day and you are going to get stuff done but as the day goes by you sit there thinking what am I going to do. The more you think about it the more confused you get and then before you know it you have "wasted" three hours and you haven't done anything.

But, have I wasted three hours today? Have I wasted that time having not done anything? No, is my answer. I could have easily stood up and thought I would go and do something else and I would come back to it which is what most people would do and I know that I would have done it many times. However by just sitting here it has given me time to think. It has given me time to really think about things and what I want and how I want to see this blog progress. So there might not be anything concrete on paper shown for these three hours but it is allowed me to think and I'm sure in the coming days and months those thoughts will metamorphose into something.

Most of the self-help gurus out there say that everything out there started with someone's thoughts. So hopefully my thoughts today will manifest itself into something great.

My friend and I talk about something called 'Thinking Time.' 'Thinking Time' is when you sit down and just think for a period of time. For most people that sounds like hell and I'm not going to sugarcoat it for you, it is. Imagine just sitting there thinking. It can be difficult and tedious but it is in these tough times that your best ideas come.

I suggest that you spend ten to fifteen minutes a day just thinking. Think about your future, your business, your work, your studies and I assure you that good things will come. It may be difficult from time to time and you may feel like you are in pain but keep going through that pain and that is where your good ideas will come.

Try 'Thinking Time' this week. It might change everything in your life. It might be the difference that you are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment