Thursday 16 June 2016

Why was he born so beautiful

It's my brother's birthday today. Happy Birthday Mark. I understand that tomorrow night he is having a birthday party to celebrate. I was invited a few days ago but due to distance concerns I won't be able to join in the festivities. I'm sure that it will be a good night.

How do you celebrate your birthday? Do you gather together 600 of your "closest" friends and "get wasted?" Do you not do anything? Do you go out with a couple of mates and have a few beverages? Do you go out with your significant other and have a nice intimate dinner?

Whatever way you celebrate your birthday remember that it is your way. Just because it seems like everyone is having a party with 1000 people there, doesn't mean that you have to follow suit. I'm sure some people celebrate their birthdays by jumping out of a plane. Some people celebrate their birthdays by jumping of a bridge with a big rubber band wrapped around their legs. Others celebrate their birthdays by climbing a mountain.

My point is, it is your birthday, nobody else's. You don't have to conform to what society expects of you. My birthday a couple of years ago I left my place at about 7am and didn't get home to just after 11pm. I was on the go all day and it didn't seem like my birthday at all. I remember complaining to my friend about it. I must admit that he wasn't very sympathetic and he gave me some good advice. "You missed your birthday. Boo Hoo. You will have one again next year." This is so true. You will have one next year.

It's your birthday, it's your life. Design it as you wish not what other people think that you should.

No comments:

Post a Comment