Tuesday 19 July 2016

Quotes of Winston Churchill






He doesn't look like a barrel of laughs by looking at this picture but this guy is one of the greatest figures of the 20th century. He was known to have meetings while he was in bed or even while he was in the bath. Imagine hosting your Monday morning meeting while you are in the bath. Actually I can't even imagine that. What was I thinking?

Winston Churchill was known for his quotes. Below are some of his famous ones:

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

If you're going through hell, keep going.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. 

There are some pretty good quotes there, aren't there? I'm sure that some of them relate to you and your current situation.

Today I would like to talk about the following Churchill quote:

Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about. 

There have been many times in the last 108 days that I have thought about giving up this daily blogging. Today been one of them. Most days I will go about my daily routine trying to come up with ideas of what I want to write about on my blog. Some days, ideas flow and I have to make a list and other days there is just nothing. The well dries up all of a sudden.

What keeps me going? 

Well two things.

1. I can see this blog being so much bigger than a blog that a handful of people read on occasions. 108 blog posts is just the tip of the iceberg. It is just the beginning and the fact that I am doing it everyday it makes it very difficult to give up on it which I must admit that I have thought about on several occasions. It is like I am going through hell on occasions but as Uncle Winston says, if you are going through hell, keep going. 

2. The second that keeps me going is that I want to create something that I can be proud of and that gives me confidence the more that I create. I know that this creation will in part bring me what I want and because of this reason also, I don't want to give up. Sometimes it consumes me because I know that even though I might not have a lot of time on that particular day, I still have to create something.

When you get to a stage when you don't want to write something or create something then maybe it is the time to give up. I'm willing to bet that sports players when they say that they don't have that spark anymore, what they mean is they have gone through a few days in their off season without thinking about their sport so it is probably time to give up.

If you continue to think about it on a daily basis don't walk away, walk towards it. No, run towards it. You will start to see results, even small results but the more that you do it those results will snowball and before too long you will be further past where you thought you would be.

Care to join me on this journey?

No comments:

Post a Comment