Friday 1 July 2016

Take me to your leader. Oh! It's you!

If you want to make a change in your life then you have to think about becoming a leader. I'm willing to bet that if you are reading this post and you have been a regular reader then you are looking to make a change in your life and becoming a leader is one such change.

If you are wanting to take charge and make decisions that benefit other people then keep on reading. If you want to keep your ordinary, hum-drum life then I suggest you click here.

First of all it is suggested to read about great leaders. This will allow you to understand the type of choices that great leaders had to make to become how they are today. If you are anything like me you have probably made a whole bunch of wrong choices that have got you to where you are today. A simple example would be that you chose to have that chocolate bar instead of that apple that you should have had. I know that I have made that choice the last million times.

Another good thing about reading about great leaders and reading in general is that you become interesting. You get to know about things. You might know about the Kardashian's and that's fine but imagine if your interest box was a lot wider and you had a wealth of knowledge. You are going to have some pretty sensational party conversations. I remember telling someone at a party about the continents and how they moved around over the years starting from Pangea and then onto Gondwanaland etc. Probably sounds boring to some readers but the people I were talking to seemed very interested in it. It was probably how I was saying it as opposed to what I was saying and that is a different beast all together. You could be saying some of the most boring stuff known to man. I mean you could be talking about fish poo but if you were saying it with passion and enthusiasm and all of those good things then people are going to listen. You will be like a magnet drawing them to you. You will have charisma and all you have done is devote a little bit of a day to reading. That's it.

Great leaders make good decisions. You need to get into the habit of making good decisions. As I said before, do you have the chocolate bar or do you have the apple? I know which I would choose and that might not be the correct choice.

Peter Voogd in his best selling book 6 months to 6 figures talks about a confidence account. Basically, the premise is that when you have a choice you can either make a deposit into your confidence account, in other words build your account or make a withdrawal, in other words reduce your account. Using the chocolate and apple example, the apple would be a deposit while choosing the chocolate while good and yummy would be making a withdrawal. Another example would be going to the gym or sitting at home and eating potato chips while watching a DVD. I think you know which is the deposit and which is the withdrawal.

If you want to change you life and be the outgoing person then you are going to have to learn to lead. I know that it sounds scary. It scares the 's**t' out of me too but it has to be done. If you lead with confidence and and you are 100% certain that it is the best decision then most people will follow you and to me that's a good result.

No comments:

Post a Comment