Friday 7 October 2016

Breaking the ice with Steven Spielberg

Have a read of this article. It is about one of the great movie makers of our time, Steven Spielberg. Actually why have I written one of? He has to be the greatest movie maker of our time. Lets list some of them:


  • Jaws
  • Raiders of the Lost Ark
  • ET
  • Back to the Future
  • Empire of the Sun (probably not his most famous, but I like it)
  • Schindler's List
Not a bad half-dozen if I do say so myself. 

In this article the author says that Steven Spielberg doesn't really stand out. The author found it very difficult to describe the famous director. I wonder if this is because of his introversion. I have been told in the past that I don't really stand out. I wonder subconsciously if that is the reason I decided to grow a beard. I honestly thought it looked cool and always wondered what it would be like. (For those of you wondering, it can be a pain in the ass especially if you don't bother to clip for a week or so. It takes me forever to get it right. But I wonder if it does make me stand out a bit. You decide.


Hmmm, the pride of 2016? As I said, you be the judge.

What is interesting is that Spielberg said that he was assertive at home. That reminds me of the uchibenkei post that I wrote here. Uchibenkei is someone who is someone who is quiet outside but lord of the manor at home. 

Spielberg says he is still very shy although not as much as he used to be and he is getting better at breaking the ice. That sounds very familiar and I think that people out there who are like Steven Spielberg and myself should looks for ways to practice breaking the ice everyday. 

There you go that is yours and my challenge for the next month. Everyday we have to break the ice with someone. What do you think? Are you up for the challenge? 

Hey, if Steven Spielberg can do it so can we. Break the ice with one person everyday for the next month. Good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment