Saturday 5 November 2016

Here is something that changed my life

Have you heard of the DISC profile test?

It was brought to my attention a few years ago by a friend of mine. This DISC concept has helped me find out about the introvert/extrovert concept as well as allowed this blog to blossom.

Let me tell you what I know about DISC.

Basically it is made up of four parts. Maybe you have guessed already, D, I, S and C.

D stands for dominance. They are the ones that about accomplishing results. They get straight to the point and can at times be blunt.

I stands for influence. These people are really enthusiastic. They are rally optimistic and they like creating new relationships.

S stands for steadiness. I'm an S. We like cooperation and we tend to shy away from confrontation. We tend to not like to be rushed and we are usually quite calm about things.

C stands for conscientiousness. These people want the details and more details and even more details. They don't like to be wrong and the value accuracy.

Once you understand all of this you understand why people are the way they are and you can adjust your attitude around them.

Of course we are all not 100% of one letter. We are a combination of the all four but one of them is the majority.

It changed my life when this was introduced to me. It might change your life too.

No comments:

Post a Comment