Monday 21 November 2016

More secrets from The Rock

Below is an interesting analysis of the charisma of The Rock Dwayne Johnson.


The main thing that comes out of this video is that The Rock has a commanding physical presence. Well that's obvious. He is 6 foot 5 (1.96m) and 260lbs (118kgs).

From the video we are shown that he uses he physical presence in not an intimidating way but in a very engaging way. He uses big hand gestures and he also had a booming laugh which although he is this giant he comes across as very approachable and someone that you can admire.

For those of you that don't know me I'm 6 foot 1 (187cm) and 210lbs (95kgs). So I'm no runt of the litter.

I've been told a few times in my life that I should use my size as an advantage. It is just in the last few months that I have finally realised what they mean by that. I was told at my gym that when I left I should really pull my shoulders back. I have integrated that in my lifting but I also have integrated it in my everyday life. So now I have pulled my shoulders back, sucked in my gut and I feel a million times better. I feel a lot more confident as I am not hunched over and I am looking ahead.

I believe for taller, bigger people that you should use your size, not for intimidation but that natural presence that will have people listening to you but do it in a friendly way like The Rock. This way you will win respect from the people around you and undoubtedly win a whole bunch of friends as well.

Below is another interesting video about The Rock Dwayne Johnson.


No comments:

Post a Comment