Friday 9 December 2016

Pearls of wisdom from Instagram

In the last year or so I have gotten involved in Instagram. Amongst all of the photos of models and new cars, there are some really interesting quotes and memes. The following are some of my favourites I have seen over the last six months or so:


https://www.instagram.com/p/BIasEtUjIPm/?taken-by=mindsetofgreatness

"Don't feel so sad over someone who gave up on you, feel sorry for them because they gave up on someone who would have never given up on them."

Yep! If someone walks out you, you have to have that mindset that they are they ones missing out. I know that that can be difficult to do especially if they are someone who you cared a lot for and it might take some time but whatever, you have to try to think like that. Either that or become the type of person that will re-attract the person who ran away.



https://www.instagram.com/p/BLvO5ZigCZs/?taken-by=mindsetofexcellence

"Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak and I notice more than you realise."

This is a warning to the more extroverted people out there. Even though the person is not saying much, it doesn't mean that they have no brains, in fact far from it. They are really just judging you, so be very, very careful.



https://www.instagram.com/p/BIpuqG2ALdp/?taken-by=thesuccesster

"Closed mouths don't get fed."

Hmmm, this is an interesting one. When I first saw this one I thought that it wasn't really fair on introverts but I don't think it says that at all. Basically what it is saying is that you need to get your point across. If you have some product or service then you need to know how to sell it and it is this skill which will get you nutrition not whether you are introverted or extroverted.



https://www.instagram.com/p/BJiSLTaBPY1/?taken-by=defineintrovert

"If it's "OK" for an extrovert to point out how quiet someone is, why is it so wrong for an introvert to point out how loud someone is? I need to talk more? You need to shut up more ..."

This reminds me of being told to shut up around conservatives. Personally I believe in gay marriage and a woman's right to choose but I was told that I shouldn't argue with conservatives. My answer to that was "Why the hell not?" Usually they are the ones who are wrong in my book so why is it ok for a conservative to point out how a liberal's opinion is wrong, and why is it wrong for a liberal to point out that a conservative is wrong? I just don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment