Friday 6 January 2017

How to be happy

What do you have to give up if you want to be happy?

There are a few things you need to do to become happy:


The need for other's approval
If you want to do something and you have a good reason and it is part of your purpose then go ahead and do it. Just because someone someone doesn't approve of it doesn't mean you should stop. They probably don't approve because they can't understand it themselves so they think you are doing it wrong. Go ahead and do it. You will probably get what you want.


The need to impress others
The only person you need to impress is yourself. If you can impress yourself then it is odds on that you will impress other people but if you can't impress yourself you won't impress others.


The need to always be right
You don't have to be right all the time. Sometimes it is best to walk away from an argument, Some people won't let up and you are not going to win anyway. Walk away.


Dwelling on the past
This is one thing that do a bit too much. Instead of meeting my mind on what is going on at the moment and what I want to achieve in the future, I focus on something in the past, usually something bad or something embarrassing. It doesn't help me at all and it won't help you at all either.


Blaming others
There is only one person responsible for you and that is you. It is no one's fault. You are to blame. No one else.


Complaining
Recently I found myself complaining about something that was totally my fault and when I look back on it, it must have been annoying for the people around me. I was blaming other people for my lack of due diligence and I must have sounded rather lame.

There you go. Cut those things out of your life and you are well on your way to getting things done.  and becoming a lot happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment