Saturday 11 February 2017

Are you seeking some attention? You should be.

In today's society you need to stand out.

I know that a lot of you out there literally shuddered when you read that. I'll write it again, in today's society you need to stand out. Did you shudder again? I did when I wrote it and I'm sure you did as well.

In today's society you need to embrace being different. I know that scares the sh*t out of you but it is true. Sometimes we have to stand out to get ahead.

We as a society look down upon attention seekers. We think that we are better than them but let me ask you a question:

What is your net worth and what is Kim Kardashian's net worth?

Another example I can think of is the current POTUS. Donald Trump as a property developer looked to stand out by heavily promoting his name and his business ventures and now look where it has got him. He is the most powerful man in the world. Not bad.

You need to do one thing each day that is going to make you stand out.

Don't worry, I'm not going to get you to walk around town with a sandwich board around your shoulders with it written "I am the greatest."

For now, it might be something as simple as making a comment on some social media profile that you have an interest in. I'm sure that most of you can do that.

Then you can branch out and maybe post something yourself and then you might want to do a YouTube video. Most people don't like doing videos because it might bring ridicule but as Mahatma Gandhi said:

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."


It might be scary just thinking about all of this now but if you take little baby steps you might turn into a raving attention seeker, I doubt it but you will find with constant practice you can turn those little baby steps into giant steps and then you win.

No comments:

Post a Comment