Tuesday 28 February 2017

Not drinking is not going to end your world

Do you drink? Do you like to imbibe occasionally? I do. I don't drink often but when I do I only have a few and then go home ready to get up early and attack the next day with gusto.


In this post from a few months ago I talked about a young guy that I know who is basically forced to drink when he goes out with his boss. He told me a couple of days ago that he was forced again because he didn't want to appear rude in front of customers.

Unfortunately all over the world we hear these kinds of stories in which a younger person is forced to drink so that the other people know that he or she is committed to the cause.

I know it is difficult in today's society when you are supposed to fit in and you want to part of a team and you think that life could be very difficult if you not part of that team but at the end of the day, it is your body and you are in control of what you put in it.

I have no problem with people drinking, just don't drive afterwards. (unlike former All Black Dan Carter, allegedly)

Hey, your drinking doesn't really bother me unlike your smoking in which your second hand smoke might kill me and other people around me. If you don't want to drink alcohol, don't. It is as simple as that. You are going to have to practice how you say you don't want to drink because any weakness in your voice will be pounced upon by the people who want you to drink.

Like anything in life it is not what you say half the time but how you say. If you say that you don't want but you are not convincing then as I said before you are going to be pounced upon.

"Look! I don't feel like alcohol. By all means, you have something drink but I will have this coca cola because I want to drink it."

If they keep on trying to force you to drink, just walk away. They say that the strongest negotiating position is being able to walk away and mean it.

Don't drink if you don't want to. It's your life. It's your body.


No comments:

Post a Comment