Wednesday 1 March 2017

Music is great but remember to disconnect

Do you have a favourite song? Do you have a song that gets you going in the morning? Do you have a song that reminds you of a good time or the good times?

This song may change over time. Some songs say in your head, some songs are easily forgotten but I am sure that you have some songs that when you hear them you immediately think of a moment in time which was very speak for you.

I find it interesting though how different everyone's taste in music is and everyone has an opinion and no matter what you play there are always going to be people who hate what you are playing or give you grief about it.

That's life! Everybody is different. You can't please everyone.

Music plays a great part in our life and long may it continue.

I would like to say however that I am guilty of walking around town with earphones in my ears listening to what I want to at that moment. I know that there is nothing illegal about it but sometimes I wonder if I am missing anything by doing that. Am I not going to be able to hear something coming behind me? Am I going to miss someone calling out to me?

By all means walk around with music playing in your ears. There is nothing wrong with it but unplug occasionally. Listen to what is going on around you. Listen to the sounds of the city, the sounds of the park, the sounds of the shop, the sounds of the people.


This song has a lot of meaning for me. I remember the time and place I heard for the first time. Something amazing happened after.

No comments:

Post a Comment