Tuesday 4 April 2017

Introverts: You will understand these - Part 5

This was interesting on Instagram.

The 21 things that only introverts will understand. I'll spend a few days going through them and maybe explaining them to you from my experience. The passages in bold are from the Instagram post:


13. When you're playing out a fictitious argument in your head and you get so into it that you find yourself making corresponding facial expressions or mouthing comebacks. You promise, you're not really as crazy as you look.

I'm sure that I have been caught out like this many time myself, in fact I know I have. People who don't do this won't understand so well, you will definitely think I and and other people who do this are crazy.

Introverts are occasionally so in their heads that we will continuously think about made-up conversations and arguments and so forth. Sometimes the conversations will be about what we should have said in a past encounter or something that we did and we are not too proud about it. I'm sure we all do it from time to time but introverts will do it more than most and sometimes we can get ourselves really worked up about some kind of future conversation that will never happen.


14. When you're awkward at making small talk. Or you don't do it at all. You cut right to the chase and everyone is like. "Where did that come from?"

I remember I had a meeting with a prospective client. I hadn't met him before so it was very much like the first "date." We had shared a lot of small talk (in my mind anyway) and so I decided to start my spiel. I think it must have been too early for him because he gave some sarcastic comment.

Sometimes you just want to get into the pitch and obviously you take a risk because some people may not be ready for it.

From a guy's perspective it could be like you are on a date and (in your mind anyway) everything is going well so you decide to take it too the next level and she is not ready for it. I would say that it is always better to go for it than to hang off and be considered the dreaded friend or for a salesperson, you get the dreaded, "You are a good salesman." ("You are a nice guy.") In my experience when you get that, you might as pack you stuff up and walk out the door.


15. When you finally speak your mind and people get offended because you were really blunt. You didn't warm them up with small talk first or sugar coat your words. You just spoke the truth. 

Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they get offended and sometimes introverts might not be "socially proficient" and may say the wrong things. Well actually, they are not the wrong things they are just saying what they think and what is wrong with that?

Well, you might offend someone. Who cares? Watch the video below and you find out what happens when you offend someone. Nothing!


No comments:

Post a Comment