Monday 22 May 2017

HE IS DOING SOMETHING

Some people have asked me how I can have a 'do nothing' day on a Sunday when it is probably the best day of the year and there are so many different things to do in this huge city that I live in.



Well, let me explain my Monday to you and then you will get an idea why I might want to RECHARGE at home on a beautiful Sunday.

I wake up at 5.30am. Today I don't have time to go to the gym so I did some exercise at home. One of the good ideas if you are looking for something quick to do is Tabata. Tabata is basically a four minute workout where you work for twenty seconds and rest for ten seconds. You do eight rounds which equates to four minutes. You can see an example in a video below:



After doing a couple of those Tabatas I showered up and left the house at about 7.15am for my first appointment between 8am and 9.30am. Then I had to rush to the train station and get to my next destination at 10am. This appointment finished at 12.15pm. Next, I got on the train and went to my next appointment which was all afternoon between 1.30pm and 5pm. By the way, I didn't have time for a proper lunch. After that finished, I was back on the train again and my last appointment for the day started at 6.30pm and finished at 9pm.

For someone who is introverted, 10 hours in front of people is believe me, very, very, very tiring. In fact, I think that is is very tiring for most people, introverts and extroverts alike. That was my schedule last week and it will be my schedule again this week and next. I have to wake up early to get a workout in and then run around Tokyo for 13 hours. I challenge anybody to tag along with me and then have the energy to rage on Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. I bet you can't.

When I say that an introvert needs to know when to recharge, believe that I know what I am talking about. Sometimes you, as my gym coach says, "you have to listen to your body." You have to do what it tells you. I don't care who you are, you are not going to be on song the whole time. You need to recharge sometimes and introverts do it by doing nothing. Remember that the next time you question someone who seems to be doing nothing. They are probably doing a big something.


No comments:

Post a Comment