Monday 29 May 2017

Tall Poppy Syndrome

Why do people feel the need to bring other people down?

I was watching a video on Youtube the other day from the hit British TV program, Britain's Got Talent.


This is one of the most amazing tricks I have ever seen in my life. It was very entertaining and kind of gross.

Have you ever eaten cold canned spaghetti? I think that is a trick in itself and all respect to him.

Anyway, after watching it I was kind of curious about how he did it so I googled it. What I found was a lot of negative stuff trying to down play his performance.

I wasn't trying to downplay his performance at I was just interested to see how he did it. To be honest, I'm none the wiser and I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Why is there so much negativity around? Why do people try to discredit people?

Where I come from it is called Tall Poppy Syndrome and basically it is people who can't do it for themselves OR people who don't have the guts to get up on stage themselves will try and bring down the people who do have the guts to get up there. They can't stand that those people are doing what they want to do that they will have a go at them.

Why? Why do you want to bring down people for entertaining you? Seriously. Let them be. They are having fun and they are trying to make you laugh as well. That surely is a good thing, right?

I'm curious now. I wonder what this guy is going to pull out of his hat (mouth) next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment