Wednesday 3 May 2017

You need to get rid of these things ...

I know from personal experience that there there are things in my life that don't make me a better person at all, in fact they make me feel really bad and make things even worse.

What are these things that you and I need to get out of our lives so that we can live a life of success and abundance and all of that good stuff?


1. Trying to please everyone

There will always be somebody in your life that doesn't like what you stand for or are doing or even the way you carry yourself. At the end of the day that is their problem, not yours. When we stop trying to please everyone our lives change for the better. Once you decide not to please everyone you will know what you like and dislike. For example, I don't like drinking alcohol just for the sake of it but to please the people around me I would have some even though I just wanted a Coke or a glass of iced water. I didn't want to anger these people so I would drink and in doing so I made a complete ass out of myself.


2. Fearing change

For a large number of us the idea of change can be very scary and it is no coincidence that the successful people out there are the ones who really embrace the change. They really see the change and they use it to make their life better instead of running away from it.

That reminds me of the cartoon that I have seen from time to time. There is a guy up on his soap box asking the assembled mass, "who wants change?" They all raise their hands. The guy then asks, "Who wants to change?" No-one puts their hand up. That sums it all up really.

You can see that cartoon here.


3. Living in the past

Sometimes I catch myself thinking about some stupid thing that I have done in the past and I literally stop in the middle of the street to rid myself of this thought. It must look absolutely weird for the people around me as I basically stop walking to literally get rid of the thought. (I pretend I have something in my eye.)

We can't change what has happened in the past. Obviously we can't control that but we can control what we are doing in the future and that is what we should be concentrating on, as well as the present moment.


4. Putting yourself down

I don't think that there is anything wrong with a bit of self-deprecating humour as long as it doesn't go too overboard. If you go overboard, you invite others to make fun of you and then that is where things can get really bad. The advice is to surround yourself with people who respect you and build you up. The ones who don't respect you are trying to bring you down to their level and if they are, get out of there as soon as possible before disaster strikes and it will if you let it.


5. Overthinking

What is that saying? Paralysis by analysis? Is there anymore I need to say?

If you overthink then you might chase away some ideas that if you implement in your life they might change it for the better. Sometimes the best thing is to jump into the swimming pool. It might be cold and unpleasant at first but after awhile it begins to warm up and things become great. But if you had thought about it for a number of minutes then you would probably chicken out and that is not good for you or anyone that could have benefited from your idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment