Thursday 22 June 2017

Loving Yourself

Today at my Crossfit class while we were doing our warmup, one of the exercises was to fold your arms across your body like you are hugging yourself.

This is something that even if you are not very athletic anyone can do, right? You might even do it without even knowing it a few times a day.

The coach called it hugging yourself and you need to show yourself some love because if you can't love yourself, who can you love?

That's a really good point. I think the fact that I went to the gym this morning proved that I loved myself.

Even if at the time it didn't feel like it (i.e. it felt like torture at some stages)  I had made a decision to get out of bed and drag myself to the gym. If that isn't loving yourself, I don't know what is.



I remember when I was at school, we would get kind of bullied if we said we liked ourselves.

"You love yourself. You love yourself. Nanananananana."

Even then I thought it was a little stupid that they said things like that, you had to be cool and not argue the point as that would have got you in more trouble.

How do you love yourself? Do you hug yourself in the morning? (You could do that but I would suggest hugging your significant other)

It is about making the correct decisions. We make hundreds of decisions everyday and we need to make the correct ones.

This morning at 5am I had the decision, stay in bed or go to the gym. I decided that the gym would be my thing at that moment.

Do you have a salad or fish and chips at the pub watching rugby? Maybe salad is the right decision, or don't even go at all, go for run in the park might be the better decision.

Should I watch a movie or do a write another blog post?

Maybe at that moment, watching the movie might be more beneficial for my wellbeing.

Making the right decisions for you is loving yourself. The correct decisions that will benefit you in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment