Sunday 6 August 2017

Notorious: It's all about loyalty

Conor McGregor. He seems to be the name on everyone's lips in the boxing and mixed martial arts community at the moment.

In three weeks time, McGregor will step into the ring with one of the all time greats in boxing history, Floyd Mayweather.

To some boxing fans, this fight seems to be a bit of a circus but they are still interested in how it will go and I presume how McGregor in particular will go. They all seem to think that Mayweather is a good, no, great boxer.

Most people I have talked to think that Mayweather will win, but there is the odd guy who thinks that McGregor will win. I don't know enough about it to decide but hopefully it goes the full quota of rounds.

I just hope it doesn't look like this:


I saw a quote recently and it goes something like this:

"A woman's loyalty is tested when her man has nothing...
A man's loyalty is tested when he has everything."

What I have read about Conor McGregor and his partner is that she stuck by him even when he was a nobody making his way up the ladder. They had very little money but she believed in him and the rest is history and they are still writing that history now.

I don't know about you but her loyalty would have been tested big time and because she kept on supporting him, they have both been rewarded and that is fantastic in my book.

I'm sure McGregor's loyalty is been tested now. When you start to build great success, of course the money comes and other temptations. 

What I have read, it seems that Conor McGregor is very much in love with his partner, Dee Devlin and from the articles I have read he says that he owes her a lot and that is great. That is how partnerships are built.

No matter the result on August 26th, Conor McGregor and Dee Devlin seem to have something that many people wish for but in this day in age it seems difficult for many people, a loving, loyal and supportive relationship.

I hope that it is an entertaining bout on August 26th and I hope that it doesn't define either man, win, lose or draw. 


No comments:

Post a Comment