Tuesday 5 September 2017

Bill Gates' Think Weeks

Bill Gates, the founder of Microsoft used to take two weeks off a year and go to a retreat in the middle of nowhere and think. He would do that twice a year, one week at a time.


It sounds like an introvert's delight, right? What would you do with one week to yourself?

I don't think I would survive.  I need my special someone there with me to experience the week so big ups to Bill Gates' for doing that which is probably the reason he is worth $70 billion and I am not.

Lets say that you don't have the means to get away from it all for one week to just think. What other options do you have?

1. You could visit a new area in your city that you are living and hang out there. A change is as good as a holiday they say. So going to that new area could get your creative juices flowing.

2. You could find a quiet spot in the local park and hang out there. If it is a nice sunny day then you can get a nice tan along with some creative thoughts. Sounds like a good deal to me.

3. You could find a place in a shared work space like where I am now. Put some thinking music on your computer and really think about it.

4. Go for a long walk in the countryside. Out in the nature you will find all sorts of stimuli that will help you come up those big ideas.

The whole point of this is that you need the time, space and solitude to think and when you really think that is when those big ideas appear and then the next step is to take action on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment