Tuesday 17 October 2017

LETS CHANGE OUR LIVES TOGETHER

I've noticed this year that I have let some things slip which is not good. So if you are in the same boat as me here are some things that both you and I can do that will make 2018 better and better.


1. Gratitude

We are so lucky to live in 2017. There are so many things now that we take for granted. If you have a question, you can reach into your pocket and press a few buttons and there you have on your phone screen, your answer. You can do anything from that thing in your pocket. Rather than be grumpy, think of all the good things that are in our universe.


2. Be fine with being alone

Sometimes you have to sit alone and think. You have to relax, yes even those extroverted people out there. I've said this a number of times, it is ok to sit at home on a Friday or Saturday night either by yourself or with a significant other.


3. Banish the trash

I remember a few years ago I noticed that a Facebook friend was doing a "restructuring" of her page. She was getting rid of the trash. (Her words, not mine.) I noticed that she was deleting a lot of her "friends" on Facebook. Anyway about five minutes later Iw as one friend less. I'm still not sure what I did or didn't do to get the boot but I suppose what she was doing was banishing the people who don't bring positive energy into her life. That's what you should do too. Say goodbye to the negative people. They will bring you down to their level and that is never good.


4. Turn off the telly

TV, telly, boob tube, whatever you call it, sometimes you need to turn it off and read a book or heaven forbid, maybe even go outside. It is not just the television either, sometimes you need to turn off the Internet (YouTube in particular) and do something else.


5. Cultivate a skill

Find something that you are interested in and give it a go. This might be to learn a language or to learn everything there is to know about a particular subject. I remember a friend of mine saying that if you spend 6 years reading about a particular topic every day for a minimum of seven pages, then you will be in the top 1% of authorities in that subject. Something to think about, don't you think?


6. Commit

This is something that I'm not very good at, committing at something. Choose what you want to focus on and give it 100%. I'm sure you have heard all of those cliches. You know what I am talking about, regret weighs more than failure and things like that.


7. Exercise

I went to the 7.30am class this morning. I do feel a bit tired now while I am writing this. Do I regret going? Not at all. This is another thing that personally I need to commit to. What is that I hear you ask? Consistent exercise and clean eating. I know in this society it is easy to just pop out for a kebab to something similar but it is much more satisfying to cook something yourself. It is generally healthier and probably more delicious.


8. Learn from your mistakes.

Do I have to say anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment