Wednesday 13 December 2017

REVENGE ...... OR IS IT?

A new phrase has come to my attention recently, 'Revenge Body.' "What is Revenge Body?" I hear you ask. Well let me try to explain it to you using urban dictionary:

When you break up with someone, usually a cheating piece of shit who really wasn't worth your time and you work your ass off to look the best you can just to piss him/her off and make them regret their poor choices.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Apparently, there is even a TV show starring Khloe Kardashian called 'Revenge Body.' In which two people per episode go through a makeover, both in the body and their mind.


Although the video above has a guy in it, I believe that the revenge body is primarily for women who are trying to get 'revenge' on their ex-boyfriends.

Although, in saying that, I don't believe that it is revenge at all and it is a little misleading calling it that. In get into that a bit later.

I believe the male equivalent for this is the following. Have a look at this video and have think about what it is trying to say:


What did you think?

Was she a gold digger?

I don't think so even though she portrayed herself to be with telling him her husband's salary. I don't think it would be fair to call her that.

She was trying to get him to become the best version of himself which in the end he did and did she regret it? Probably, but the other guy was looking after her well anyway so I'm sure she was happy.

So did that guy get revenge on the woman?

I don't think so, he just took the pain that he was feeling, and it was obvious that he was feeling it for a long time and used it as energy to make him the best he can be.

Did the women get revenge on their ex-boyfriends by losing a whole bunch of weight. I don't think so. They just used that to energise themselves and become the best people they could be. I applaud them all for that.

In the video of the man meeting his love after a long time, it says:

The Best Revenge ever is Success.

Love for Someone's Heart, not their things. A Good Heart is Bigger than Anything.

I'm sure the man would have achieved success if the woman had stuck with him, but she chose things over her heart and at the end of the day, that is her prerogative.

I just wonder what happened after that? We may never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment