Thursday 21 December 2017

RULES OF LIFE - PART 1

I found an article the other day about the 8 rules of life. Lets have a look at them and tell me what you think. Today I will go though the first four.

1. Failure is a beginning, not an end

Yes, this is a very good thing to remember but it is difficult when you have failed because you feel like wallowing in self-pity for the foreseeable. The most ignorant thing is to realise WHY you failed and to learn from it.


2. If you don't go after it, you won't have it

If you decide you want something, go for it. Give it 100%. Decide now that that is what you want and move heaven and earth to get it. I'm thinking of something right now that I want and I am going to get it. You watch this space. I am determined about it. I have never been more determined about anything in my life.


3. Go the extra mile

I would say that yes, this is good advice but only go that extra mile if you deem it worthy. You are wasting your time if you go that extra mile and no one appreciate it's or even worse doesn't notice it. To me that just seems a waste of time.


4. Assume nothing and query everything 

That is one thing I have noticed in this country, Japan, the culture is to respect the teacher and the teacher is very rarely if ever challenged. I have seen it happened before with foreign students and the teacher is visibly uncomfortable. If you don't challenge things you are going to become very. very gullible and that is not a good thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment