Saturday 7 April 2018

SAYING HELLO TO EVERYONE

As many of the regular readers will know, I work on a daily basis at a member's library. You pay about $90 a month and you can use the library from 7am to midnight, 7 days a week. I believe that it is excellent value for money and I enjoy coming here. (I am writing this post in the library.)

There are three areas in the library and the area that I like to sit in (officially I say because I like the chairs, but unofficially, 37 floors above the ground can sometimes be a little scary) has a good view of the rest of the library and the other members.

Because of my interest in the introvert-extrovert continuum I do a lot of people watching. (I hope that doesn't make me sound creepy but it is 2018 and in some cases, you just need to sneeze in the wrong way and people will label you are creepy. So what can you do?)

Anyway, I have noticed one person in particular who is always chatting with other members. This person seems to know everyone although this person hasn't actually spoken to me. (Should I be worried? Maybe I am the creepy one after all.)

What I have learned by observing this person is that all you have to do is say hello and then go from there. I know that for a lot of people out there saying hello to strangers is quite scary and you can add my name to this list too but that is how you find out about other people and also find out about what else is going on in the world. 

Why don't you try saying hello to one person a day? What is the worst that can happen? They could ignore you. They could looked pissed off but would you want to talk to someone who gets pissed off when you say hello? Probably not. They are not the type of people that can bring value to your life. 

Go for it. Say hello to someone. Please tell me how it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment