Sunday 15 April 2018

TITLES ARE FOR BOOKS AND MOVIES, NOT PEOPLE

Read the TITLE of the blog post.

If you can't be bothered, I'll write it out for you again:

TITLES ARE FOR BOOKS AND MOVIES, NOT PEOPLE.

Read it again. I dare you.

Why is it we call a medical doctor, Doctor? Why can't we call him or her by their given name? John. Susan. Bruce. Sally.

Why is it in Japan, they call their teachers, "teacher" and not by their given name or their family name? Why do we have to put a title on the name and in same cases not even use the name?

I'm not sure if this is true or not but Americans always seem to say "Mr. President." Why can't they just say Donald or Barack or whatever?

Also, Elizabeth, there is not way I'm calling you 'Your Majesty' and Charles, you will be called 'Charles' not "your royal highness." If you have a problem with that, get stuffed. Your father and mother did not name you, 'Your Majesty.' I will call them what they named you.

Some people might argue, how about Mr. or Mrs. or Ms. or Miss or whatever and to them I say that I don't have a problem with that. You are still using their names. Mr. Smith, Mrs. Chang, Ms. Patel. I think you are showing the necessary respect.

Some other people might argue that by using the person's job title, that is your culture and you are showing the necessary respect. What I say to that is 'bullshit.' Their parents did not name them that and so why should we use those titles?

Seriously.

I would love to hear other people's views on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment