Thursday 5 April 2018

WHAT DO GAYS AND WOMEN HAVE TO DO WITH TWEETS AND SUMO?

In the last 24 hours I have become aware of a couple of news stories that make my blood boil and it just shows that people, even though it is 2018 there is still stupid people in this world and it is all because of religion. There you go, I said it.

First of all I read that an Australian rugby player said in a tweet that all gay people should go to hell. That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. People are defending him by saying that those are his religious beliefs.

OK, fair enough, but please correct me if I am wrong, doesn't religion promote the love of all people? Aren't children taught to love everyone in Sunday School? Also, when will religious people realise that homosexuality has nothing to do with the Bible or Koran or whatever. It has to do with nature and there is always going to be a certain percentage in nature that is homosexual. Also, Mr. and Mrs. Religious people, how does one man and one man who love each other affect you live? Let me answer that, THEY DON'T.

Let former New Zealand National MP Maurice Williamson explain it:


Interesting speech right? Before you say that he must be a tree hugging liberal, would you be astonished that he comes from the conservative side of the political spectrum?

The second news item that really got my goat was the following:


This is from a sumo tournament in rural Kyoto Prefecture in Japan. The mayor of the city where the tournament was taking place was giving a speech when he collapsed. In the commotion a couple of medically trained women, ran onto the ring and treated the mayor who thankfully survived and will no doubt be back at his desk in the very near future.

In sumo tradition, women are forbidden from going onto the ring as it is considered pure and women would dirty it. However, you would think that the life of a 67 year old man would outweigh tradition. Not in the sumo world however, both the arena announcer and the sumo referee could be heard telling the women to get off the ring. How ridiculous can you get? There is a time and place for tradition but the collapse of another human being is not that time. I must admit, if I collapsed on the sumo ring, I couldn't give a stuff who treated me.

I'm sorry, Sumo Association, you are a relic of the past and you need to get with the times or else your sport is going to lose relevance in our ever changing world. In fact I think that it is already happening. You are burying your collective heads in the sand and it is only going to get worse.

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is 2018, these conservative, traditional, religious ways of thinking does not cut the mustard anymore.

While I am at it, are women allowed to play at Augusta? I didn't think so. Augusta National, grow up.

I'm sorry, I see they admitted their first female members in 2012. Well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment